You know how you walk into a store and say you’re not going to buy this because you already have one? Well that was me earlier this year. I had been using this same mask for over a year and it was doing well for my skin. I wasn’t one that dealt with acne (thanks to Jesus!) as a kid. I was using a mask about 1-2 a week to help with even skin tone and the occasional discoloration. But then I started to venture in the skin care isle and was reading magazines about top facial masks and I go interested. Soooo….here we are 9 months, 15+ different facial masks, and 1 epic fail later (serious breakout). I have found my FAVE 5 facial masks. Depending on what my skin is dealing with, determines which one I used, but rest assure, they all get used at least once a month. If you have any other FAVES besides the one I’ve listed, let me know. Would love to try them out.
- Best Exfoliating Mask: Lush Cup of Coffee – $10.95 for small bottle… This mask smells of heaven (I love the smell of coffee). The one great thing about this mask is that it can be used for both a facial scrub as well as a body scrub. It does a good job getting rid of the dead skin. I put it one with exfoliated gloves when scrubbing my body to get that extra scrub. If you don’t plan on using is often, settle for the smaller bottle. The shelf life for this is about 2-3 months.
- Best Charcoal Mask: Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask – $26.00… Charcoal is great for cleaning out deep clogged pores. This mask works GREAT at that. On a day to day basis, My routine consists of concealer and powder so my pores aren’t that clogged. However, every now and then (about once a week), I break out the thick liquid makeup. It’s those times that I used this mask. Along with makeup remove and facial cleanser, it adds that extra dimension of cleaning. If you apply liquid makeup on a daily basis, this would be a good lightweight mask to apply every other day to ensure your pores stay nice and clean.
- Best Overall Mask: Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask – $4.29…This is probably my favorite masks of the 5. I have been using this mask for over a year. There’s no miracle inside it. I won’t get ride of dark spots or dark circles under eyes, but it leaves my skin feeling sooooo soft and clean. I use this mask at LEAST once a week. It’s lightweight and overtime, can help improve skin. Well worth the price
- Best Peel Off Mask: Hey Honey Peel Off Mask – $32.00…I prob use honey on a daily basis. My tea, hair (yeah…another blog post), and of course my skin. This one is a winner in clearing up and smoothing skin tone. The smell is amazing and to see that it takes off your skin when you peel off!! It’s amazing what’s still left on your face after you think you’ve washed your face. FYI: don’t apply close to hair line — a killer to remove. Lesson learned!
- Best Overnight Mask – Keihls Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque – $35.00…I do a lot of running outside. During the summer, it’s okay but in the winter, the wind does a number on my skin, especially my face. I use this mask once a week just to refresh and re hydrate my skin. FYI: It’s sticky when you first put it on so give yourself 20-30 mins to let it dry before laying on pillow.
And that rounds out my list. There were some that almost made this but these are my FAVES. Let me know what some of your faves are.