I love a good nature hair care line. I’ve been told by several people to try to use the same products from the same hair care line when styling. Something about it being better than using different brands.
I received these products a few weeks ago and was excited to try them out. To be honest, I had heard mixed reviews about them and had been wanting to try them out for myself. I was so anxious to try them that I took my crochet braids out (they were only installed for a week) just to see if these products were all that I wanted them to be.
My normal hairstyle is a wash and go. It’s easy, simple, and can last for 3-4 days before having to co-wash or shampoo hair. For this wash and go I used the following (in order)
- Moisturizing Conditioner – I apply conditioner before applying shampoo to give my hair a little moisturizer before striping it of the dirt and oil that happens when you shampoo. I only keep it in for 5-10 mins
- Moisturizing Cleanser – Shampoo roots then rinse. Shampoo a second time both roots and ends. Rinse
- Moisturizing Conditioner – This would normally be the step where I would apply a deep conditioner but since they didn’t have one I used this one again. I did, however, warm it up for about 2-3 mins in the microwave to get it warm and then apply to my hair, put on a cap, and let is sit in my hair for 2-3 hours. I nice alternative if you don’t have a true deep conditioner
- Conditioning Styling Crème (leave in conditioner) – split hair down the middle and apply one pump to each side and rake thru (I learned that less is more here. Do not over apply product. My hair is super thick and I still only needed 1 pump for each side of my hair).
- Curl Stimulator – Once again, less is more. Only 1 pump on each side of hair is more than sufficient here. Use raking method to ensure product is distributed effectively
- Finishing Hair Polish – spray a few pumps into hand (3-4) and apply to hair
I let my hair air dry for about 2-3 hours and finish up the drying process with a hair dryer on the lowest heat setting.
- All these products smell AMAZING. I know that probably doesn’t do anything in regards to my hair but felt that needed to be mentioned.
- The slippage in the conditioner is great for all hair types but especially 3b-4a thick hair types
- Less is more. I loved that I only needed 2 pumps of leave in and curl stimulator for my entire head. These products will definitely last longer knowing that I don’t need that much product
- Applying the refresher each morning lengthen the time of my hairstyle from 3-4 days to 6 (after that, I don’t care how good the products are, I need a good co-wash)
- I would have preferred a deep conditioner. If these were the only products I used, I would be done with the conditioner in less than a month with having to use it twice in my wash and go routine
Overall, I was very satisfied with how my wash and go turned out using these products. If you overuse the products, it will weigh your curls down and I’m assuming that’s where the negative reviews are originating. Between the smell and the slippage, these products will definitely be added to my wash and go repertoire.